The Livingston Parish News, founded in 1898, has a long and distinguished record of service to the people and communities of Livingston Parish, Louisiana. Published twice weekly in its traditional print form, The News serves as Official Journal for the Livingston Parish President, the Livingston Parish Council, The Livingston Parish School Board, the City of Denham Springs, the City of Walker, the Town of Livingston, the Village of Albany, the Town of Springfield, the Village of French Settlement, the Village of Port Vincent, the Village of Killian, and other special government districts in Livingston Parish. The News is also available online at livingstonparishnews.com.
The News is a locally owned and operated full-service news source, which features articles online, in print, and via social media regarding local events - including sports, opinion, politics, lifestyle, and the arts. The Livingston Parish News serves as the publication of record for Livingston Parish births, deaths, weddings, engagements, social events, court news, entertainment and other items of special interest to Livingston Parish.
During its more than 100 years of publication, The News has received over 500 awards for journalistic excellence at both the state and national level.
The News is an active member of the National Newspaper Association and the Louisiana Press Association.
1) Honesty & Integrity
The Livingston Parish News strives to be the source for community news in Livingston Parish; no matter how big - or small - the story. Like any community, the News utilizes teamwork to make sure that the facts are presented with honesty and integrity across all of our media platforms.
The Livingston Parish News
McHugh David -- Publisher / Managing Editor
Miranda Osborne -- Advertising Rep.
Lori Christiansen -- Advertising Rep.
Karen Brooks -- Assistant Advertising Director
Ashleigh David -- Business Manager / National Advertising Rep.
Russell Paul -- Circulation Director
David Gray -- Lifestyle Editor
John Dupont -- Reporter
Kevin Fambrough -- Reporter
William Weathers -- Sports Editor
Morgan Prewitt -- Photographer
Paul Hatton -- Graphics
Jamie Webb -- Reporter / Graphics
Rob DeArmond -- Reporter / Social Media
The Livingston Parish News
P.O. Box 1529
Denham Springs, LA. 70727-1529
Telephone: (225) 665-5176
Contact our departments via email by visiting the Contact Us page
- FOOTBALL | Denham Springs relies on its defense, withstands missed field goal for 17-14 playoff upset
- Alleged killer of Denham Springs couple remains in Kentucky after contesting extradition to Louisiana
- WRESTLING | 'State championship or bust': Live Oak embraces sizable expectations for this season
- Denham Springs Antique Village placed on National Register of Historic Places
- NOV. 6 ELECTION COVERAGE | Livingston Parish mid-term election results
- Livingston discusses condemnation of Cedar Street house
- WRESTLING | Live Oak surges from behind to capture first dual meet win over Catholic since 2013-14 season
- FOOTBALL | No. 30 Live Oak hangs tough with No. 3 Acadiana until late, falls in first round of playoffs, 22-7
- BOYS SOCCER | Statewide preseason rankings
- ‘Thank you’ | Livingston Parish schools celebrate Veterans Day