Denham Springs Mayor Gerard Landry says the city has placed Bass Pro Boulevard on the connector streets list for the state, which helps improve streets that connect state highways. While the road doesn't need immediate updating, the mayor said there is concern over 18-wheeler trucks taking a left out of the truck stop and the danger they pose stopping traffic.
- BREAKING | Livingston Parish officials issue parish wide curfew from Saturday's dusk until Sunday's dawn
- TROPICS UPDATE | Flash flood threat now encompasses all of Livingston Parish, current path has eye just west of Baton Rouge
- UPDATED | Amite levels increasing at French Settlement, Maurepas; forecast crests still high despite rain decrease
- Rivers begin rising after heavy rains Sunday morning and afternoon; some crests increased
- TROPICS UPDATE | Little change in path overnight, rain and storm surge biggest threats
- TROPICS UPDATE | Barry slows, strengthens; path moves back westward slightly
- Sand, sandbags now available at Livingston Parish fire stations for coming weather
- BASKETBALL | Former Springfield standout Chaney returns to alma mater as assistant coach
- HURRICANE BARRY | Track has shifted west again, National Hurricane Center reduces parish's rainfall totals as of 1:45 p.m.
- Livingston Parish officials ask individuals hold onto sandbags, hurricane season just beginning