A resident of Denham Springs, Oscar “Buddy” Hartfield Jr. passed away at his home on Friday, Aug. 5, 2016, at the age of 64. He proudly served his country in the U.S. Air Force during the Vietnam War. He worked for United Rentals for over 28 years. Visitation was at Seale Funeral Home, Denham Springs, on Sunday, Aug. 7, and Monday, Aug. 8, until funeral services. Burial followed in Evergreen Memorial Park. He is survived by his wife of 15 years, Rita Ryan Hartfield; daughter, Angela Milling; two stepdaughters, Jenny Miller and Wendy Santangelo and husband Carlo; nine grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; sister-in-law, Laura Vernette Ryan and husband Craig; special niece, Jessica Comeaux Floyd and husband James; and numerous other nieces, nephews and cousins. He was preceded in death by his father, Oscar Hartfield Sr.; mother, Vergie Owens; and brother, Steve Hartfield. Pallbearers were Jim Barbaro, Gary Barbaro, Jeff Cargill, James Floyd, Caden Holland, and Chuck Ward. The family would like to extend a special thank you to St. Joseph Hospice and his United Rentals family for their care and support. Sign the online guest book at www.sealefuneral.com.
- Felony Arrests published July 20, 2017
- LPSO: Death of 61-year-old man found in Walker likely foul play
- Christian Youth Theater in Denham Springs to begin Aug. 10
- Fixing I-12 barrier as important as lawsuit, attorney says
- State Police: Walker woman dies in two-vehicle crash
- "License to Steal" | Fraud goes unpunished as NFIP, insurance companies bilk storm victims, attorney says
- School Board OKs 50-acre purchase on 4H Club Road
- BASEBALL | Parish's 5A teams find signs of progress during Metro League season
- Construction scheduled to begin within a month on Palms at Juban Lake luxury apartment complex
- Livingston Parish to receive $68 million in HMGP funds for recovery from Great Flood of 2016
According to multiple reports, former LSU head coach Les Miles has interest in the Ole Miss head job vacated by Hugh Freeze last Thursday.