Visitation was at Hebron Baptist Church in Denham Springs on Thursday, Aug. 25, and will resume at 9 a.m. until funeral service at 11 a.m. on Friday, Aug. 26, for Murray James Harris, age 75, who passed away on Monday, Aug. 15, 2016, at Baton Rouge General Hospital. Services will be conducted by Roger Dunlap, pastor of Macedonia Baptist Church. Murray was a lifelong resident of Denham Springs. He graduated from Denham Springs High School in 1959 then he joined the United States Army where he proudly served his country. He retired from the State of Louisiana after 31 years of service. He loved the outdoors, enjoyed music, dancing, and spending time with his family, especially his grandchildren. Cherishing his memory will be his loving and devoted wife of 50 years, Ann Tham Harris; son, Marlon Harris and wife Cindi; granddaughter, Brittain Harris; grandson, Hunter Harris; step-grandchildren, Jacob and Becka Quebedeaux; and step-great-grandchildren, Sophie and Jaxen Quebedeaux; and his four legged BFF, "Lucky"; sister, Elaine Harris Hulin and husband Nolan of Lafayette, Henry "H.N." Harris and wife Georgie Minton Harris of Denham Springs; brothers, Homer Harris and wife Lee Bay Harris of Denham Springs, Edmond Harris and wife Linda Olah Harris of Albany; sister-in-law, Gloria Ficklin Harris of Gonzales; and a host of nieces, nephews, and other relatives and friends. Murray was preceded in death by his parents, O.W. "Gib" Harris and Ethel Montgomery Harris; brothers, Allen Harris, Millard Harris, Elvin Harris and wife Ina Mae Harrison Harris; sisters, MaeBelle Harris Chandler and husband Elton, Evelyn Harris Creekbaum and husband Kenneth. Pallbearers will be his grandson, Hunter Harris; brother, Edmond Harris; and great-nephew, Garrett Harris; along with Greg Abadie, Michael Tham, Vardie Rancher, and Steve Rayburn. Arrangements by Church Funeral Services & Crematory, Walker. 225-271-4574. www.churchfuneralservices.com.
- Salad Station opens Range Avenue restaurant
- GIRLS BASKETBALL | Denham alum Caroline Taylor heads to college level still focused on the 'Next play'
- Substitute teacher: U.S. Sen. John N. Kennedy fills in at Southside Junior High
- Four arrested in multiple Denham Springs area vehicle burglaries
- FOOTBALL | With a fresh start, DSHS' Cameron Feucht is ready to shine in QB-friendly offense
- FOOTBALL | Walker cruises past Comeaux in scrimmage action
- Marvin & Audrey Onellion
- FOOTBALL | Denham Springs flashes effective defense to go with high-octane offense vs. Catholic
- Deadline near for proof of loss claim with insurance, lawyer says
- Low turnout for “open book” period surprises Livingston Parish Assessor Jeff Taylor