Judge Ernest "Ernie" Gourrier Drake, Jr. passed away on Wednesday, June 7, 2017, in Jefferson, Louisiana, at the age of 69. He was born on Friday, January 9, 1948, in New Orleans, Louisiana, to the late Zelma Hoover Drake and Ernest G. Drake, Sr. He was a lifelong resident of Ponchatoula, Louisiana, and served on the 21st Judicial District Court and the Louisiana First Circuit Court of Appeals. Ernie is survived by his beloved wife, Linda Williamson Drake; daughter, Aliska Drake Fuller and her husband Todd; son, Ernest "Ernie" G. Drake, III and his wife Laura; sister, Maria Drake Ware and her husband Joe; his adoring grandchildren, Cameron and Brady Fuller, Thomas John "TJ", Gabriel and Sawyer Kate Drake; and niece, Anna Ware Brown, her husband Ryan and their daughter Charlotte. He was preceded in death by his parents, Zelma Hoover Drake and Ernest G. Drake, Sr.; and sister, Charlotte Drake. A memorial gift may be made to the Richard Murphy Hospice Foundation, 1109 South Chestnut Street, Hammond, LA 70403 or online at http://richardmurphyhospice.com/. Or please consider giving the gift of life by donating blood in Ernie's memory at any Ochsner Blood Donor Center. Relatives and friends were invited to attend the visitation in the chapel of Harry McKneely & Son Funeral Home, 100 West Magnolia Street, Ponchatoula, Louisiana, on Saturday, June 10, 2017, from 8:30 a.m. until 10:40 a.m. followed by the Mass of Christian Burial at St. Joseph Catholic Church, 255 North 8th Street, Ponchatoula, Louisiana 70454, at 11:00 a.m. Interment followed in Ponchatoula Cemetery. To view and sign the family guest book, please visit www.harrymckneely.com.
- Tropical storm formation from gulf systems elevated to 90 percent probability; officials urge early preparation
- UPDATE: Sandbags, other preparations continue as tropical storm warnings prevail along Gulf Coast
- 'Broken Heart IV' child porn investigation reaches into Livingston Parish
- Denham Springs residents air their opinions, and more, at community meeting
- Senate unanimously approves amendment on "Nick Tullier Bill"
- UPDATE: Tropical Storm Cindy could bring large amount of rainfall; free sandbags available throughout Livingston Parish
- Takumi brings hibachi to Livingston Parish dining scene
- Capital Outlay Bill includes numerous projects for Livingston Parish
- Felony Arrests published June 15, 2017
- Walker council tables rezoning; special meeting considered