Jason Paul Spence, a resident of Hammond, was killed early Wednesday, June 7, 2017 in a motorcycle crash at the age of 37. He graduated from Live Oak High School in 1998 and he worked for BFC Marine, “Gator Tracks” in Springfield. Visitation was held at Seale Funeral Home in Denham Springs on Saturday, June 10, 2017 beginning at 10 a.m. Rev. Wayne Mack conducted funeral services at 2 p.m. Burial followed in Greenoaks Memorial Park. He is survived by his wife of two short months, Eva Marie Howe Spence; two children, Jacie Belinda and Jonathan Paul Spence; two step-children, Troy and Briana Madere; parents, Linda and David Spence Sr.; and siblings, David Spence, Jr., and Tarah Revette. He was preceded in death by grandparents, Gilbert and Clarice Griffith, Sadie Smith Thompson, and Benny S. Spence; and his uncle, Edgar C. Spence. Pallbearers were David Spence, Jr., Adam Revette, Gilbert Griffith, Jr., Brian Griffith, Dutch Duchesneau, Frederick Bruce, Kaleb Bailey, and Eragon Hawker. He loved spending time with his family and enjoyed playing video games. He was a member of the Red Dragon Riding Club and was an avid motorcycle enthusiast. Please sign the online guestbook at www.sealefuneral.com.
- Tropical storm formation from gulf systems elevated to 90 percent probability; officials urge early preparation
- UPDATE: Sandbags, other preparations continue as tropical storm warnings prevail along Gulf Coast
- 'Broken Heart IV' child porn investigation reaches into Livingston Parish
- Denham Springs residents air their opinions, and more, at community meeting
- UPDATE: Tropical Storm Cindy could bring large amount of rainfall; free sandbags available throughout Livingston Parish
- Takumi brings hibachi to Livingston Parish dining scene
- Capital Outlay Bill includes numerous projects for Livingston Parish
- Felony Arrests published June 15, 2017
- Senate unanimously approves amendment on "Nick Tullier Bill"
- LSPO: Suspect's account of Kayla Denham murder "does not fully support findings of investigation"