A resident of Livingston, Geraldine "Gerry" Bare Pope passed away at the Butterfly Wing at the Baton Rouge General on Wednesday, Aug. 10, 2016, at the age of 77. Visitation will be held at Seale Funeral Home, Livingston, on Saturday, Aug. 27, beginning at 9 a.m. Funeral services will be held at noon. Burial will follow in Old Red Oak Cemetery, Livingston. She is survived by her two sons, Mack Pope and John Pope; six grandchildren; a great-grandchild and one expected in October; and two nieces. She was preceded in death by her parents, John H. and Mary Alice Bare; husband, Mack Pope III; and brother, John H. "Dinks" Bare Jr. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to a breast cancer research charity. Sign the online guest book at www.sealefuneral.com.
- School Board OKs 50-acre purchase on 4H Club Road
- Felony Arrests published July 20, 2017
- LPSO: Death of 61-year-old man found in Walker likely foul play
- Christian Youth Theater in Denham Springs to begin Aug. 10
- Livingston Parish to receive $68 million in HMGP funds for recovery from Great Flood of 2016
- Fixing I-12 barrier as important as lawsuit, attorney says
- State Police: Walker woman dies in two-vehicle crash
- "License to Steal" | Fraud goes unpunished as NFIP, insurance companies bilk storm victims, attorney says
- Randall Warren Neal
- Walker police investigating attempted abduction report
According to multiple reports, former LSU head coach Les Miles has interest in the Ole Miss head job vacated by Hugh Freeze last Thursday.