The annual Pioneer Day will be held at Train Station Park in Denham Springs on March 18 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Featured will be an 1800s working gristmill, handmade cypress boats, chair caning, quilters, Louisiana Gold Honeybee observation deck, Pelican Woodcarvers Club, handmade soap, bears made from old quilts, birdhouses, glass birdfeeders, antique doors, handmade furniture, an 1800s ship knot-tying display, a covered wagon, pine needle baskets and more. Jambalaya, jams and jellies, and kettle corn will be served. A military exhibit will be present, and there will be live entertainment. All local stores will be open that day also. For more information, call 665-4666.
- Salad Station opens Range Avenue restaurant
- GIRLS BASKETBALL | Denham alum Caroline Taylor heads to college level still focused on the 'Next play'
- Substitute teacher: U.S. Sen. John N. Kennedy fills in at Southside Junior High
- Four arrested in multiple Denham Springs area vehicle burglaries
- FOOTBALL | With a fresh start, DSHS' Cameron Feucht is ready to shine in QB-friendly offense
- FOOTBALL | Walker cruises past Comeaux in scrimmage action
- Marvin & Audrey Onellion
- FOOTBALL | Denham Springs flashes effective defense to go with high-octane offense vs. Catholic
- Deadline near for proof of loss claim with insurance, lawyer says
- Low turnout for “open book” period surprises Livingston Parish Assessor Jeff Taylor